1. Absentee Auction: The items in our absentee auctions will be sold at unreserved absentee auction.
2. Descriptions: Norman C. Heckler & Company has made every attempt to describe correctly the property being sold. Descriptions are guaranteed to be accurate as regards authenticity, age, condition, and measurements to within one-fourth inch, as represented in this auction. When describing damage, we may choose not to list exterior wear or manufacturer’s flaws that, in our opinion, do not significantly detract visually or monetarily from the value of the item. It is recommended that you or a representative examine each item in person before bidding. We are pleased to provide verbal condition reports for our bidders. The Auctioneers reserve the right to make corrections and provide additional information at any time during the sale.
3. Preview: Items may be viewed by appointment at our offices.
4. Bidding Procedure: Bidding on an item may be done in one of five ways:
Bidding via the Internet is strongly recommended.
We are pleased to receive bids by telephone so that we can answer any questions and assist you in your bidding. You may telephone us at any time (weekdays 9 AM - 5 PM) during the auction, prior to the closing of the sale, to check the status of your bids, to find the current bidding level, to open a bid, or to raise a bid on an auction lot. (These actions are also available as part of our internet bidding system).
Your bid, written, oral or electronic, grants Norman C. Heckler & Company the authority to protect you up to the amount of your stated bid. Your bid will not be removed once executed.
Norman C. Heckler & Company will not disclose bids pledged by others; only the current bidding level of a lot will be available.
The highest bidder shall prevail. It is the sole right of the auctioneer to settle any dispute between bidders and to regulate the bidding procedure. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid believed not to have been made in good faith.
Each lot in the sale has an estimate based on current value as an intended guide to bidding.
MINIMUM BID IS ONE-HALF THE LOW ESTIMATE
Increments are as follows:
|Up to $250.00||. . . $10.00|
|$250.00 - $500.00||. . . $25.00|
|$500.00 - $1000.00||. . . $50.00|
|$1000.00 - $2500.00||. . . $100.00|
|$2500.00 - $5000.00||. . . $250.00|
|$5000.00 - $10000.00||. . . $500.00|
|$10,000 & Up||. . . $1000.00|
Incoming bids will be accepted on the closing day until 10 PM Eastern (7 PM Pacific). Only online bids will be accepted after 10 PM Eastern (7 PM Pacific) for auction lots that are still open.
TIMED CLOSING: This auction will close at 10:00 PM Eastern on the last day of the sale; however, if there are successful bids on individual items within the last 10 minutes (9:50 - 10:00 PM), then the auction will continue for those individual items. For each item that has received bids in the last 10 minutes, the closing of the item is extended until there are no further bids for a continuous 10 minute period. Lots that have no bidding activity in the last 10 minutes will close at 10:00 PM Eastern.
5. Call Back Process: Following the Timed Closing, only the top three bidders who have bid $2,000 or greater are entitled to Call Backs. Note it is possible that there can be two bidders at the $2,000 level, and both will be entitled to Call Backs. You can request to be removed from Call Backs by "checking" the appropriate box either while bidding online or while placing your absentee bids. Heckler will call eligible bidders to continue bidding on the Call Back lot until only one bidder remains.
Unless you have requested to be removed from the Call Back process, the auctioneers will need to contact you on the days following the auction closing between the hours of 8 AM and 9 PM Eastern. Bidders must provide appropriate telephone numbers where they can be contacted. If you are traveling during the Call Back period, please contact Heckler twice daily by telephone or email to update your bids. Bidders involved in Call Backs may call Heckler to check the status of a Call Back lot. If Heckler is unable to contact a Call Back bidder for two consecutive days, the bidder forfeits his rights to a Call Back.
Heckler reserves the right to discontinue "Call Backs" (2) two days after the closing date of the sale.
No "Call Backs" will be executed for bids under $2,000.00.
6. Successful Bidders: Successful bidders will be notified both by email and postal mail. A 17% buyer’s premium will be added to the closing price to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. Payment is due immediately upon receipt of notification of purchase. No exceptions. Accepted forms of payment are bank check, personal check, cash, or money order. Bank check or money order will facilitate immediate processing. If you pay with uncertified funds, Heckler may not ship items until ten business days have passed from the deposit date. If you see that your check has cleared, you may send front and back copies of the canceled check, and Heckler will remove the shipping hold. If you are a Connecticut resident, a 6.35% sales tax will be added to your bill, unless you provide Norman C. Heckler & Company with a tax exemption permit. Sales tax is also applicable to out of state buyers who pick up their purchases at our location unless you have a tax exempt number from Connecticut or your state on file with us.
All purchases and transactions must be in U.S. Dollars.
7. Shipping: Purchases will be shipped only after full payment has been received. All items will be shipped via United States Postal Service. Shipping, handling and insurance are extra. Our shipping charges for most glass items and accessories (excluding foreign shipments) are $20.00 for the first item, $9.00 for each additional item together with insurance costs ($0.60 per $100.00). Additional charges may apply for large or unusually shaped items, and/or certain postal zones which USPS attaches a surcharge. Some items may require transport through a fine arts carrier which can be arranged by the buyer or with Norman C. Heckler & Company. We encourage you to plan for a pickup of your items at our offices.
8. Refunds: Refunds will be given at the discretion of the Auctioneers. Items purchased must be examined and a request for refund made immediately upon receipt of the items. The Auctioneers will be the sole judge in consideration of refunds. It is the Auctioneers sincere intention to consider any reasonable request for a refund pertaining to a major oversight in the description of an object (ie: large epoxy repairs, large chips, extensive cracks, etc.) and not nuances of color, minute flaws, or normal antique "fair wear and tear".
9. Administration: If at any time during the auction period an act or circumstance takes place which impedes or affects the normal auction process, the auction can be postponed or terminated at the auctioneer’s discretion.
10. Terms: Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms.