1. Descriptions: Norman C. Heckler & Company provides a short listing of the property being sold in this auction. Descriptions are to be used as a guide to the buyer. We do not guarantee authenticity, age, condition, or measurements represented in the auction listing provided.
All items in the auction listing provided are sold strictly "as is" and may not be returned. Absolutely no items from this sale will be considered for refund.
2. Bidding: The Auctioneer has the right to reject any bid and to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion; if he determines that any opening bid is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, he may reject the bid and withdraw the article from sale, and if, having acknowledged an opening bid, he decides that any advance thereafter is not of sufficient amount, he may reject the advance. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the Auctioneer shall have the sole discretion in determining the purchaser or may offer the article for resale. Should there be any dispute after the sale, the Auctioneer’s record of the final sale shall be conclusive and binding.
3. Absentee Bidding: Live Auctions may provide an absentee bidding service for lots in the sale. It is the SOLE responsibility of the bidder to determine authenticity, age, or condition of the property being offered in this auction. We strongly urge a prospective bidder or their agent to preview the items offered in the sale during the preview periods. All items in the auction listing provided are sold strictly "as is" and may not be returned.
Your bid, written, oral or electronic, grants Norman C. Heckler & Company the authority to protect you up to the amount of your stated bid. Norman C. Heckler & Company will provide a representative to bid on your behalf. It is the responsibility of the bidder to register with Norman C. Heckler & Company for this service. Our representative is fully committed to execute your bids effectively, however, due to the dynamic nature of a live auction, we cannot guarantee the execution of absentee bids. In the event of tie absentee bids, the earliest received bid will be the bid executed.
4. Successful Bidders: A 17% buyer’s premium will be added to the closing price to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. The purchaser’s account shall include this premium in addition to the amounts bid and any applicable sales tax, and shipping and handling charges. Full payment of each purchaser’s account must be received on the date of purchase. Payment will be made by cash, money order, or certified check, unless other specific arrangements have been made at least two days prior to the auction. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with the Auctioneers or if the Auctioneers have received a bank authorization guaranteeing a personal check. The Auctioneers reserve the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank.
All purchases and transactions must be in U.S. Dollars.
5. Purchases: At the fall of the Auctioneer’s hammer the Buyer shall assume full risk and responsibility for the Lot.
6. Shipping and Sales Tax: If you are a Connecticut resident, a 6.35% sales tax will be added to your bill, unless you provide Norman C. Heckler & Company with a tax exemption permit. Sales tax is also applicable to out of state buyers who pick up their purchases at our location unless you have a tax exempt number from Connecticut or your state on file with us. Purchases will be shipped only after full payment has been received. All items will be shipped via United States Postal Service. Shipping, handling and insurance are extra. Our shipping charges for most glass items and accessories (excluding foreign shipments) are $20.00 for the first item, $9.00 for each additional item together with insurance costs ($0.60 per $100.00). Additional charges may apply for large or unusually shaped items, and/or certain postal zones which USPS attaches a surcharge. Some items may require transport through a fine arts carrier which can be arranged by the buyer or with Norman C. Heckler & Company. We encourage you to plan for a pickup of your items at our offices.
7. Administration: If at any time during the auction period an act or circumstance takes place which impedes or affects the normal auction process, the auction can be postponed or terminated at the auctioneer's discretion.
8. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale.