Conditions of Sale
1. Absentee Auction: The items in this auction will be sold at unreserved absentee auction, opening date Monday, December 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM EDT (6:00 AM PDT) closing date Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 10:00 PM EDT (7:00 PM PDT).
2. Descriptions: Norman C. Heckler & Company has made every attempt to describe correctly the property being sold. Descriptions are guaranteed to be accurate as regards authenticity, age, condition, and measurements to within one-fourth inch. When describing damage, we may choose not to list exterior wear or manufacturer’s flaws that, in our opinion, do not significantly detract visually or monetarily from the value of the item. The Auctioneers reserve the right to make corrections and provide additional information at any time during the sale.
3. Preview: Items may be viewed by appointment at our offices through Tuesday, January 8, 2014.
4. Bidding Procedure: Bidding on an item may be done in one of five ways:
Increments are as follows:
Up to $250 . . . $10 $250 to $500 . . . $25 $500 to $1,000 . . . $50 $1,000 to $2,500 . . . $100 $2,500 to $5,000 . . . $250 $5,000 to $10,000 . . . $500 $10,000 and up . . . $1,000
MINIMUM BID IS ONE-HALF THE LOW ESTIMATE
An example - You bid $900.00 on a lot which is the highest bid received to date. The second highest bid is $550.00. The current high bidding level would be yours at $600.00. Any other bids submitted by others below $900.00 will be advanced automatically in the auction system.
Norman C. Heckler & Company will not disclose bids pledged by others; only the current bidding level of a lot will be available.
The highest bidder shall prevail. It is the sole right of the auctioneer to settle any dispute between bidders and to regulate the bidding procedure. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid believed not to have been made in good faith.
Each lot in the sale has an estimate based on current value as an intended guide to bidding. Bids may be made daily, until closing day from 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. Eastern time. Incoming bids will be accepted until the auction closes at 10 P.M. Eastern time. Bids after this time will not be honored. No exceptions.
Your bid, written, oral or electronic, grants Norman C. Heckler & Company the authority to protect you up to the amount of your stated bid. Your bid will not be removed once executed.
You may telephone us at any time (weekdays 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. and 10 P.M. the last day of the auction) during the auction, prior to the closing of the sale, to check the status of your bids, to find the current bidding level, to open a bid, to raise a bid on an auction lot, or to ask questions about this auction.
5. Return Call or "Call Back" Process: There are no "Call Backs" for this auction.
TIMED CLOSING: This auction will close at 10:00 P.M. Eastern on the last day of the sale; however, if there are successful bids on individual items within the last 10 minutes (9:50 - 10:00 P.M.), then the auction will continue for those individual items. For each item that has received bids in the last 10 minutes, the closing of the item is extended until there are no further bids for a continuous 10 minute period. Lots that have no bidding activity in the last 10 minutes will close at 10:00 P.M. Eastern.
6. Successful Bidders: Successful bidders will be notified both by email and postal mail. A 17% buyer's premium will be added to the closing price to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. Payment is due immediately upon receipt of notification of purchase. No exceptions. Accepted forms of payment are bank check, personal check, cash, or money order. Bank check or money order will facilitate immediate processing.
7. Shipping and Sales Tax: If you are a Connecticut resident, a 6.35% sales tax will be added to your bill, unless you provide Norman C. Heckler & Company with a tax exemption permit. Sales tax is also applicable to out of state buyers who pick up their purchases at our location unless you have a tax exempt number from Connecticut or your state on file with us. Purchases will be shipped only after full payment has been received. All items will be shipped via United States Postal Service. Shipping, handling and insurance are extra. Our shipping charges for most glass items and accessories (excluding foreign shipments) are $20.00 for the first item, $9.00 for each additional item together with insurance costs ($0.60 per $100.00). Additional charges may apply for large or unusually shaped items, and/or certain postal zones which USPS attaches a surcharge. Some items may require transport through a fine arts carrier which can be arranged by the buyer or with Norman C. Heckler & Company. We encourage you to plan for a pickup of your purchases at our offices.
8. Refunds: Refunds will be given at the discretion of the Auctioneers. Items purchased must be examined and a request for refund made immediately upon receipt of the items. The Auctioneers will be the sole judge in consideration of refunds. It is the Auctioneers sincere intention to consider any reasonable request for a refund pertaining to a major oversight in the description of an object (ie: large epoxy repairs, large chips, extensive cracks, etc.) and not nuances of color, minute flaws, or normal antique "fair wear and tear".
9. Administration: If at any time during the auction period an act or circumstance takes place which impedes or affects the normal auction process, the auction can be postponed or terminated at the auctioneer's discretion.
10. Terms: Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms.