Conditions of Sale
1. Absentee Auction: The items in this auction will be sold at unreserved absentee auction, opening date Monday, September 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM EDT (6:00 AM PDT) closing date Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM EDT (7:00 PM PDT).
2. Descriptions: Norman C. Heckler & Company has made every attempt to describe correctly the property being sold. Descriptions are guaranteed to be accurate as regards authenticity, age, condition, and measurements to within one-fourth inch, as represented in this auction. When describing damage, we may choose not to list exterior wear or manufacturer’s flaws that, in our opinion, do not significantly detract visually or monetarily from the value of the item. The Auctioneers reserve the right to make corrections and provide additional information at any time during the sale.
3. Preview: Items may be viewed by appointment at our offices through Tuesday, September 10, 2013.
4. Bidding Procedure: Bidding on an item may be done in one of five ways:
Increments are as follows:
Up to $250 . . . $10 $250 to $500 . . . $25 $500 to $1,000 . . . $50 $1,000 to $2,500 . . . $100 $2,500 to $5,000 . . . $250 $5,000 to $10,000 . . . $500 $10,000 and up . . . $1,000
MINIMUM BID IS ONE-HALF THE LOW ESTIMATE
An example - You bid $900.00 on a lot which is the highest bid received to date. The second highest bid is $550.00. The current high bidding level would be yours at $600.00. Any other bids submitted by others below $900.00 will be advanced automatically in the auction system.
Norman C. Heckler & Company will not disclose bids pledged by others; only the current bidding level of a lot will be available.
The highest bidder shall prevail. It is the sole right of the auctioneer to settle any dispute between bidders and to regulate the bidding procedure. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid believed not to have been made in good faith.
Each lot in the sale has an estimate based on current value as an intended guide to bidding. Bids may be made daily, until closing day from 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. Eastern time. Incoming bids will be accepted until the auction closes at 10 P.M. Eastern time. Bids after this time will not be honored. No exceptions.
Your bid, written, oral or electronic, grants Norman C. Heckler & Company the authority to protect you up to the amount of your stated bid. Your bid will not be removed once executed.
5. Return Call or "Call Back" Process: Unless you have requested to be removed from the “Call Back” process for a lot, the three top bidders of an item at the time of closing will be given a "Call Back" over the next number of days in order to resolve the final sale of an item. You can request to be removed from this service by "checking" the appropriate box either while bidding online or on your absentee bid form or through verbal agreement by telephone.
Unless you have requested to be removed from the "Call Back" process, the auctioneers will need to contact you on the days following the auction closing between the hours of 8 A.M. and 9 P.M. Eastern Time. Bidders must provide the appropriate telephone numbers where they can be contacted. Bidders who are in transit must call Norman C. Heckler & Company during the Call Back period twice daily. Bidders with Call Back privileges on an item may call Norman C. Heckler & Co. when timing on that item seems essential.
Only the top three bidders at the auction closing are entitled to "Call Backs".
It is the responsibility of the bidder to ensure he has qualified for this service. The bidder will forfeit his rights to a "Call Back" if the auctioneers are unable to reach that bidder.
No "Call Backs" will be executed for bids under $1,000.00. In the event of tie bids, the earliest received bid will be the winning bid.
Norman C. Heckler & Company reserves the right to discontinue "Call Backs" (3) three days after the closing date of the sale.
TIMED CLOSING: All lots in the auction, regardless of the current high bids, will be part of the timed closing process. This auction will close at 10 PM EST (7 PM PST) on the last day of the sale; however, if there are successful bids on individual items within the last 10 minutes (9:50-10:00 PM EST), then the auction will continue for those individual items. For those items that have received bids in the last 10 minutes, the closing of that item is extended until there are no further bids for a continuous 10 minute period. Lots that have no bidding activity in the last 10 minutes will close at 10 PM EST (7 PM PST). Once the timed closing process is completed, lots below $1000.00 will be considered sold, and no more bidding will take place for these lots. All lots ending at $1000.00 or greater will be part of the Call Back process which will begin the following morning. Call Backs will proceed as described above.
6. Successful Bidders: Successful bidders will be notified both by email and postal mail. A 17% buyer's premium will be added to the closing price to be paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. Payment is due immediately upon receipt of notification of purchase. No exceptions. Accepted forms of payment are bank check, personal check, cash, or money order.
7. Shipping and Sales Tax: We encourage you to plan for a pickup of your purchases at our offices. If you are a Connecticut resident, a 6.35% sales tax will be added to your bill, unless you provide Norman C. Heckler & Company with a tax exemption permit. Sales tax is also applicable to out of state buyers who pick up their purchases at our location unless you have a tax exempt number from Connecticut or your state on file with us. Purchases will be shipped only after full payment has been received. All items will be shipped via United States Postal Service. Shipping, handling and insurance are extra. Our shipping charges for most glass items and accessories (excluding foreign shipments) are $20.00 for the first item, $9.00 for each additional item together with insurance costs ($0.60 per $100.00). Additional charges may apply for large or unusually shaped items, and/or certain postal zones which USPS attaches a surcharge. Some items may require transport through a fine arts carrier which can be arranged by the buyer or with Norman C. Heckler & Company.
8. Refunds: Refunds will be given at the discretion of the Auctioneers. Items purchased must be examined and a request for refund made immediately upon receipt of the item or items. Since opinions can differ, particularly in the matter of condition, the Auctioneers will be the sole judge in the consideration of refunds. Refunds requested on the grounds of authenticity must be made within 15 days of the date of the auction, and such refund requests must be accompanied by at least one supporting statement in writing from an authority recognized by the Auctioneers. Absolutely no returns after 30 days of the closing of the sale. It is the Auctioneers sincere intention to consider any reasonable request for a refund.
9. Administration: If at any time during the auction period an act or circumstance takes place which impedes or affects the normal auction process, the auction can be postponed or terminated at the auctioneer's discretion.
10. Terms: Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms.